“Inspiring event!”, “an eye-opener” were some of the ways in which participants described Lund Visualization Week when we sent out a survey. Lund Visualization Week was a three-day series of presentations and workshops about data visualization, held by the Lund node in October 2022.
Apart from workshops on visualization with Virtual Reality and Paraview as well as an entertaining Virtuality Reality Lab tour, Lund Visualization Week included presentations that offered a broad scope of topics:
– Use of 3D recording technology in support of archaeology
– Use of visualization in outreach
– Identification of environmental disasters by the help of data visualization
– Visualization of speech and gesture
– Visualization and analysis of single-cell gene expression data
– Visualization affordances of AI/ML
– Visualization in the numerical toolbox DUNE
Lund Visualization Week was the kick-starter of a vision: InfraVis Visualization Week rotating around the partner universities. We hope to welcome you to the next Visualization Week soon!
Curious about what Lund Visualization Week was like? Watch this one-minute video.